Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time to Turn

I've been busy the past few days.  Flew for the first time since the accident on Monday.  In a cub none the less.  I really don't recall my "short landing" so flying came second nature.  Wasn't really scared but I flew with a friend, Steve, just in case, and he has a plane for rent.  Using my left leg for step turns hurt periodically, but the fun of flying out weighed the pain.  Only a few little things Steve found that he didn't like, but nothing that jumped right out and told him I was unsafe to fly.  I really enjoy being back in the saddle.  I'll start flying the beaver tomorrow, preparing for a check ride in the near future.  Look out... the skies are not friendly once again!

I haven't got as much done on the cub as I wanted but the left aileron is nearing completion.  The trailing edge is installed and most of the leading edge is installed.  I should have it done tomorrow.  Once this is done, I'll start tearing into the engine to take care of the prop strike inspection.  Looking forward to this.  I'm trying to get all the items that require very little money, but lots of time done before I head back to work.  I hope to work as much as I can during the summer, and then I'll start rebuilding the wings early this fall.  Have to save up, but if I can save enough the new and improved 29A should turn heads once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment