Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flapped... Now Ailerons

Finished the Flaps today. They look perfect!  Actually, I have two brackets to install on them in the morning, then they are complete.  Feels good to get something back together on the little lady.  I'm starting into the ailerons hopefully in the morning.  I have one with minor damage and the other with quite a bit of damage.  Have to replace the spar on the right one I believe.  I dug out my jig from the last time I rebuilt them.  Can't wait... not.  This will be an all day ordeal, maybe two.

This afternoon I went to my friend Scott's house to help with his cub wings.  He pulled the old fabric off early this spring and has been working on his wings when he has time.  He was installing leading edges today.  Got me excited.  I can't wait until I have all the wing parts required to get mine back together.  Maybe in a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment