Sunday, July 24, 2011

All over the Board

I've been busy the past few weeks.  Wish I could say its been on the cub project, but I'd be lying then.  After I was done with my shift at Era Alaska on July 15th,  I was asked to ferry a cub from Anchorage to Medford, Oregon.  Hard to say no.

It was a fun and safe journey through some of the best country in the World.  Also, it was redemption.  I was pretty nervous about the trip, as I very well should of been.  The last real long cross country trip I took was when I wrecked my cub.  I was accompanied with a good childhood friend, Brent Shibe.  We both took turns flying at a grueling pace of 75mph.  The good part about this cub, it had 8 hours of fuel on board.  this made it nice, because we didn't have to make nearly as many fuel stops.  The only thing that limited the amount of time we spent int he plane was our bladders.  We made it in pretty good time to Medford, 27 hours.

Along the way on our trip, I got to see my "Alaskan" grandparents in Wenatchee, Wa.  It was so good to see Howard and Janet Pelton.  Also made me feel proud to fly into Wenatchee to see them.  As I guessed, Howard was at the airport to watch us land, and as usual, I bounced on landing.  Its pretty tough landing a cub on pavement with a set of worn out bush wheels.

All in all, it was an excellent trip with awesome weather.  Makes me wish my cub was further along than it is currently.  I'll post some pictures later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment