Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day at the Lake

Spent the day at the lake today.  Went through a bunch of hangars looking at other people's wrecked parts and what I could use to help put the cub together.  Felt like a scavenger, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.  Stumbled into some aileron parts and a possible lead on some used exhaust.  Felt good to be out on my legs today.  A little swollen tonight, but nothing a beer can't cure!

I hope to wake up early tomorrow and start working on tearing apart my donor aileron and replacing bent/broken parts on my flaps.  Also, time permitting, hope to start building a map pocket or floor boards.  I found that I had some spare aluminum from the last rebuild still hiding at the lake.  I'll post pictures of my progress tomorrow evening.  Hope to have two flaps ready for cover!

Below is one of the last pictures I took of 29A in one piece.  I sure miss her.


No comments:

Post a Comment